The WFUV Feastival 2020
The WFUV Thankgiving Feastival of live music, 2020 edition.
Like many things this year, The WFUV Feastival looks a bit different. But as always for Thanksgiving, FUV is bringing you a live music feast — and a chance to sing along with Arlo.
The week of Thanksgiving, our Feastival line-up begins on Wednesday night at 6 p.m. EST with thoughts of home and reminders of how music can still bring us together. So you'll get to hear four standouts from our "Marquee Live at Home" series, which we kicked off in May with a home performance by Lucinda Williams. Then country roads take us back to the 2018 Newport Folk Festival and a set from Toots and The Maytals, remembering the late, great Toots Hibbert.
On Thanksgiving Day, we get back into Feastival mode by playing Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" at noon, savoring the longtime tradition even more with Arlo's recent "Gone Fishing" announcement. Then your Feastival soundtrack continues 'til midnight with a mix of "Marquee Live at Home" performances and interviews (Rhett Miller, Nicole Atkins), good old fashioned in-person FUV Live shows from earlier this year (The Lone Bellow, Nada Surf), and Holiday Cheer for FUV 2019 (Yola, Mumford & Sons, Nathaniel Rateliff, Mavis Staples).
There's some Feastival planned for next Friday night too, starting at 6 p.m. with our Joni Mitchell tribute, The Joni Project. And in between all of this year's Feastival shows, we'll share more great live performances, including "Holiday Cheer" memories and songs from our latest live CD, FUV Live 23.
As always, we send out the WFUV Feastival with a lot of thanks — to our WFUV Members, to the artists and their teams, and to the venues and festivals that host us. With the challenges of this year, the gratitude for our community — and live music — has only deepened, so we hope you feel some of that same energy as you tune in. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Here is the full Feastival line-up (times are EST and approximate):
Wednesday, November 25
- 6 p.m. - Lucinda Williams, Marquee Live at Home
- 6:50 p.m. - Citizen Cope, Marquee Live at Home
- 7:30 p.m. - Low Cut Connie, Marquee Live at Home
- 8:10 p.m. - Kathleen Edwards, Marquee Live at Home
- 9 p.m. - Toots and The Maytals at Newport Folk Festival 2018
Thursday, November 26
- Noon - Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant"
- 12:20 p.m. - Steve Earle, Live for WFUV
- 1 p.m. - The Lone Bellow at Rockwood Music Hall
- 2 p.m. - Madison Cunningham at Rockwood Music Hall
- 3 p.m. - Gary Louris of The Jayhawks, Marquee Live at Home
- 4 p.m. - Rufus Wainwright at Rockwood Music Hall
- 5 p.m. - Margaret Glaspy at Rockwood Music Hall
- 6 p.m. - Rhett Miller of Old 97s, Marquee Live at Home
- 7 p.m. - Son Little at The Sheen Center
- 8 p.m. - Nada Surf at Rockwood Music Hall
- 9 p.m. - Nicole Atkins, Marquee Live at Home
- Holiday Cheeer for FUV 2019, live from The Beacon Theatre
9:30 p.m. - Yola
10 p.m. - Mumford & Sons
10:30 p.m. - Nathaniel Rateliff
11 p.m. - Mavis Staples
Friday, November 27
- 6 p.m. - The Joni Project
- 7 p.m. - Indigo Girls, Marquee Live at Home
- 8 p.m. - Raul Malo of The Mavericks, Marquee Live at Home
- 9 p.m. - Allen Stone at Rockwood Music Hall
- 9:50 p.m. - Brian Fallon, Marquee Live at Home
- 10:30 p.m. - Hamilton Leithauser, Marquee Live at Home
- 11 p.m. - Temples at Rockwood Music Hall