The WFUV Feastival 2019
The WFUV Feastival of Live Music is back for Thanksgiving week! (photos by Gus Philippas/WFUV)
Live music is always a main course at FUV, but at Thanksgiving, we make sure you get a multiday feast of shows with The WFUV Feastival.
This year's line-up continues our Thanksgiving tradition of looking back at FUV Live performances we shared with you over the past year. We'll also honor another much-loved tradition of playing "Alice's Restaurant" on Thanksgiving Day at noon, adding extra thanks to Arlo Guthrie, who has announced that his November 30 show at Carnegie Hall will be his last Thanksgiving concert.
The musical memories kick off Thanksgiving Eve at 7 p.m. EST by giving thanks to Bruce too, revisiting our Springsteen tribute The Bruce Project. You'll then get to hear Bruce fan Craig Finn rock Rockwood Music Hall, followed by Beck's amazing Forest Hills Stadium set and John Prine's headlining performance at last year's Holiday Cheer for FUV. And that's just Day 1!
On Thanksgiving, Feastival runs from 10 a.m. to midnight, including The Lumineers' FUV Live House Concert, Calexico and Iron & Wine filling the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival stage, a trip to the Guggenheim Museum with Cautious Clay and some guitar wizardry at The McKittrick Hotel from Rodrigo y Gabriela. Another duo takes that same stage to start our Friday night festivities, as we premiere an FUV Live show with Rachael & Vilray at 6 p.m., and then turn things over to Tank and The Bangas, Courtney Barnett, Charly Bliss and more 'til midnight.
You'll also hear songs from FUV Live 22 and highlights from "Holiday Cheer" past throughout the Feastival, as we celebrate our new live CD and look forward to this year's Holiday Cheer for FUV benefit show. (A reminder: it's Yola, Nathaniel Rateliff and Mavis Staples at the Beacon Theatre on December 10. A tip: Get tickets while you can.)
The WFUV Feastival is a lot of live music, but even more thanks and gratitude. Without all of the artists and their teams, the venues and festivals, and especially, our WFUV Members, none of this would be possible. So enjoy the feast you helped prepare, and have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Here is the full Feastival line-up (times are EST and approximate):
Wednesday, November 27
- 7 p.m. - The Bruce Project
- 8 p.m. - Craig Finn at Rockwood Music Hall
- 9 p.m. - Beck at Forest Hills Stadium
- 10:15 p.m. - John Prine at Holiday Cheer for FUV 2018
Thursday, November 28
- 10 a.m. - The Lumineers FUV Live House concert
- 11 a.m. - Bedouine at Rockwood Music Hall
- Noon - Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant"
- 12:20 p.m. - Citizen Cope at Rockwood Music Hall
- 1 p.m. - Andrew Bird at Rockwood Music Hall
- 2 p.m. - The Waterboys at Rockwood Music Hall
- 3 p.m. - Jade Bird at Rockwood Music Hall
- 4 p.m. - Josh Ritter at The Sheen Center
- 5 p.m. - Cautious Clay at The Guggenheim Museum
- 6 p.m. - Jesse Malin at Berlin
- 7 p.m. - Rodrigo y Gabriela at The Club Car at The McKittrick Hotel
- 8 p.m. - The New Pornographers at Rockwood Music Hall
- 9 p.m. - Calexico and Iron & Wine at the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
- 10:30 p.m. - Sunflower Bean at Forest Hills Stadium
- 11 p.m. - Spoon at Forest Hills Stadium
Friday, November 29
- 6 p.m. - Rachael & Vilray at The Club Car at The McKittrick Hotel
- 7 p.m. - Tank and The Bangas at The Performance Space at Universal Music
- 8 p.m. - Courtney Barnett at the Solid Sound Festival
- 9 p.m. - SOAK at Rockwood Music Hall
- 10 p.m. - Jealous of the Birds at Rockwood Music Hall
- 11 p.m. - Charly Bliss at Rockwood Music Hall