The WFUV Feastival 2016
The Feastival continues with more FUV Live shows on Friday, including a performance by Seratones. (photo by Gus Philippas/WFUV)
Thanksgiving comes with a live music soundtrack on FUV with The WFUV Feastival. And just like holiday travels which start early, so will this year's concert feast.
Wednesday night (a.k.a. one week to Holiday Cheer), we kick things off at 6 p.m. EST with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band! Off the road, Bruce has had quite a year with the release of his memoir, Born To Run, and the accompanying album, Chapter and Verse. On the road, Bruce took crowds on some record-breaking rides, and we'll bring you the 4 hour and 1 minute MetLife Stadium show from August 30 right here on FUV.
Feastival continues all day on Thursday and on Friday too, from small stages like Rockwood Music Hall to big stages like Prospect Park Bandshell. You'll also hear songs from FUV Live 19 and The Last Waltz, as we celebrate our latest live CD and the 40th anniversary of The Band's landmark live album. It also wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant," so the tradition will continue on Thanksgiving Day at noon.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving — and please know how thankful we are to you for making another great year of FUV Live performances possible.
Here is the full schedule (times are EST and approximate):
Wednesday, November 23
Thursday, November 24
- 10 a.m. - Sam Beam & Jesca Hoop at Rockwood Music Hall
- 11 a.m. - Nada Surf at City Winery
- Noon - Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant"
- 12:20 p.m. - M. Ward at Rockwood Music Hall
- 1 p.m. - The Head and the Heart at City Winery
- 2 p.m. - The Staves at Rockwood Music Hall
- 3 p.m. - Brian Fallon at The McKittrick Hotel
- 4 p.m. - Michael Kiwanuka at The Cutting Room
- 5 p.m. - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats at the Newport Folk Festival
- 6 p.m. - case/lang/veirs at BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
- 7:30 p.m. - Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings at BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
- 9 p.m. - Ray LaMontagne at BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival
- 11:20 p.m. - Violent Femmes at Electric Lady Studios
Friday, November 25
- 10 a.m. - The Record Company at Rockwood Music Hall
- 11 a.m. - Corinne Bailey Rae at Rockwood Music Hall
- Noon - Lucinda Williams at Rockwood Music Hall (2014)
- 12:30 p.m. - Amos Lee at Hill County Live (2013)
- 6 p.m. - Mayer Hawthorne at The Cutting Room
- 6:30 p.m. - Lucius at SXSW Radio Day Stage
- 7 p.m. - Margo Price at the Newport Folk Festival
- 8 p.m. - Conor Oberst at Housing Works Bookstore Cafe
- 9 p.m. - Okkervil River at Rockwood Music Hall
- 10 p.m. - Yeasayer at Rockwood Music Hall
- 11 p.m. - Seratones at Rockwood Music Hall