UKNY for May 9
LUMP's Mike Lindsay and Laura Marling (photo by Steph Wilson, PR)
LUMP, the side project of Laura Marling and Tunng's Mike Lindsay, returns with a brand new single and plans for a second album this summer, called Animal. On "UKNY" at 11 tonight, that pair's surreal songwriting, as well as the mind-tripping psychedelia of Oxford's Mandrake Handshake. Ghent's Charlotte Adigéry releases her first new music since her 2019 debut EP, Zandoli, and Newcastle-based Martha Hill finds inspiration in her small Scottish hometown.
And in the second half of the show, a "Marquee Live at Home" with Australia's Middle Kids, with a buoyant set plucked mostly from their second album, Today We're the Greatest.
1. LUMP, “Animal, Animal
2. (Ghent, BE) Charlotte Adigéry, “Bear with Me (and I’ll Stand Bare Before You),” Foundations
3. Mandrake Handshake, “Monolith,” Shake the Hand That Feeds You EP
4. Gruff Rhys, “Can’t Carry On,” Seeking New Gods
5. Martha Hill, “Change,” single
6. (Sydney, AU) FUV “Marquee Live at Home” session with Middle Kids, includes live performances of “Stacking Chairs,” “R U 4 Me?” “Real Thing,” “Cellophane (Brain),” “Edge of Town,” “Questions”