UKNY for September 8
Beabadoobee's Bea Kristi (photo by Jordan Curtis Hughes, PR)
West London's Bea Kristi, who has latched onto the tongue-twisting moniker of Beabadoobee, is only 19 but has already released two EPs and a third, called Space Cadet, comes out in October via the Dirty Hit label. A violinist, Kristi only began playing guitar at age 17, but she effortlessly crafts candid, wise songs that recall the spirit of Belly, Throwing Muses, and Kristi's own rock 'n' roll heroes, Pavement.
On UKNY at 11, something new from Beabadoobee's forthcoming EP, plus just-released tracks from Whyte Horses, Liz Lawrence, Metronomy, Bdrmm, and the Wrexham band Seazoo.
Also, I can't get enough of Bombay Bicycle Club's euphoric new single — they'll be at Brooklyn Steel on October 7 and 8 — and we'll also hear a beautiful dreamscape from Cold, cold heart too.
Listen to UKNY on demand whenever you'd like — find it in FUV's Weekend Archives.
1. Whyte Horses, “Ça Plane Pour Moi,” single
2. Metronomy, “Wedding Bells,” Metronomy Forever
3. Beabadoobee, “She Plays Bass,” Space Cadet EP
4. Bombay Bicycle Club, “Eat Sleep Wake (Nothing But You),” Everything Else Has Gone Wrong
5. Liz Lawrence, “Usp,” Pity Party
6. Toothless feat. Liz Lawrence, “Party for Two,” The Pace of the Passing
7. Seazoo, “Throw it Up,” single
8. Bdrmm, “Shame,” If Not, When EP
9. KOKOKO!, “Buka Dansa,” Fongola
10. Four Tet, “Dreamer,” single
11. Marika Hackman, “any human friend,” Any Human Friend
12. The Proper Ornaments, “Summer’s Gone,” Wooden Head
13. Not Waving & Dark Mark, “Persimmon Tree,” Downwelling
14. Cold, cold heart, “Katie, my Queen,” single