Romy: UKNY Guest DJ Mix
Ahead of the release of her solo debut album, Mid Air, on September 8, the xx's Romy joined me for a very special hour of "UKNY" in June — not just for conversation, but as guest DJ.
It's Pride month, which was a perfect opportunity for Romy to pick songs that she not only spins when deejaying herself, but also represent LGBTQ+ anthems that are important to her, and influenced Mid Air.
In a wide-ranging conversation, that ranges from her work with Fred Again to the London queer clubs that she and her longtime friend and xx bandmate Oliver Sim frequented, Romy picks songs by Robyn, TSHA, Beverly Glenn-Copeland, and much more. Plus an update on the xx too.
[Recorded: 6/623; Engineered by Sabrina Nichols of the Beggars Group, produced by Kara Manning]
- Romy, “Loveher,” Mid Air
- Madonna, “Together,” Confessions on a Dance Floor
- Alice Deejay, “Better Off Alone,” single
- Kylie Minogue, “Padam Padam,” Tension
- Romy, “Enjoy Your Life,” Mid Air
- Beverly Glenn-Copeland, “La Vita,” Primal Prayer
- TSHA feat. Clementine Douglas, “Dancing in the Shadows” Capricorn Sun
- Robyn, “Dancing on My Own,” Body Talk Pt. 1