Live Music Online
Clockwise from top left: Phoebe Bridgers, Neil Finn, Björk, Brittany Howard, The Lone Bellow.
As live music makes a comeback, livestreams are dwindling. There are still some, however, and we'll keep an eye out for what we find! Look for fundraising links and merchandise sale pages to support the folks you love. [All times listed ET]
- 10/24, 10/31, 11/15 - Björk with the Iceland Symphony Orchestra, livestream of Orkestral concerts from Reykjavík's Harpa in association with Iceland Airwaves, raising money for domestic women’s charities worldwide. The performances will act as a celebration of the Icelandic musicians that Björk has worked with over the years, with each concert finding the artist collaborating with over 100 Icelandic musicians, across three groups that have played a part within the creation of her discography. Each concert will have different songs, Björk’s instrumental arrangements played by members of the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra, flute septet Viibra, Hamrahlíð Choir, and special guests without electronics or beats. The concerts will also be raising money and awareness for Kvennaathvarfið – a charity that supports women and immigrants of different origin within Iceland. 10pm ($)
- 10/28-29 Spoon - "Back to the Life/Live from Los Angeles," livestreams 9pm (10/28), 5am and 1pm (10/29) ($)
- 11/6 - Iceland Airwaves, Live from Reykjavîk virtual festival with Ásgeir, John Grant, Laufey, Ham, Red Riot and more. (info and link to come)
- 11/8 WisdomSound benefit livestream with Norah Jones, Laurie Anderson, Jon Batiste, Angélique Kidjo, Maggie Rogers, Gregory Porter and more. 8pm (free, but donation suggested)
Livestream Series: Artists
- The Tweedy Show: Nightly variety show with Jeff Tweedy and his sons Spencer and Sammy, run by Jeff's wife Susie. Chat, songs and genuine moments. 10:30pm on Instagram
- Grouplove, monthly series, every second Thursday. 9pm ($ subscription)
- Belle and Sebastian's Stuart Murdoch: weekly meditation series via Facebook, Thursdays at 9:30am.
- Low Cut Connie - online shows for Patreon supporters
- Rufus Wainwright - Daily Instagram series of live songs in his bathrobe
- Neil Finn live audio streams on Mixlr, when he can
- Brian Fallon's 'Sittin' Round at Home' series on Instagram, interviewing other songwriters
- Lukas Nelson brings the jams to Instagram live on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- The Kennedys take real-time requests and do theme shows from home, Sundays at 2pm
- David Wax Museum has a weekday Instagram Live chat/session at 1pm with guest musicians
Livestream Series: Music and More
- Night In with Tarrytown Music Hall - tune in for livestream concerts and enjoy takeout from Music Hall dining partners: support live music and the restaurants you love until we can gather again
- NJPAC in Your Living Room - presenting online live music and dance performances, weekly DJ dance parties, arts workshops and NJPAC Backstage celebrity interviews, plus events for kids and videos from their archives
- Lincoln Center at Home: Dance Break, one minute videos that teach you how to dance.
- Jazz at Lincoln Center: Swing University, engaging virtual classes for jazz fans, enthusiasts and students of all backgrounds and levels. Fall virtual term now through December 29 ($)
- Lincoln Center Virtual Pop-Up Classroom: Led by some of the world’s best artists and educators, each creative learning activity utilizes simple materials found at home to help families with children explore a variety of art forms from music composition to paper sculpture to making up new dances,
- Guitar Mash Virtual Campfires: Wednesdays and Saturdays at 5pm, artist alumni play on Instagram and invite you to sing and play along; warm-up video tutorials and charts are posted here; see below for guest schedule
- Girls with Guitars - Mondays at 8pm ET on Instagram, curated by H.E.R.
- The Rock and Roll Playhouse presents 60-minute family concerts for children to explore live music, movement, and collaborative creativity. The formerly live series (from Brooklyn Bowl, The Capitol Theatre & Garcia's nearby) does livestream shows at 3pm on Facebook
- Jazz at Lincoln Center - All new programs are online
Live Music Archives
- Of course the FUV Live Vault is always here for you, with thousands of performances from our own Studio A
- NPR Music's Tiny Desk Home Concerts: Shows from home, including Jon Batiste, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Margo Price, "Tank" Ball, Soccer Mommy, plus Michael McDonald doing Doobie Brothers classics
- Newport Folk Festival has archived sets of many artists on NPR Music
- Radiohead’s YouTube channel has released live shows from the Radiohead Public Library weekly
- The National video series ‘An Exciting Communal Event’ - streaming from the band's vault including classic live sets and rare footage
- Neil Young's Fireside Sessions are just part of his giant archive
- Dave Matthews Band's DMB Drive-In series Wednesdays at 8pm is full shows from the band's archives; the band spotlights a charity each week
- The Grateful Dead: Weekly “Shakedown Stream” of classic live performances on their YouTube channel; each one kicks off with a live pre-show with members of the Dead community
- The Rolling Stones: Extra Licks - showcasing rare tour videos
- Tedeschi Trucks Band puts out full shows on Facebook, YouTube and nugs.net via Swamp Family TV
- Phish revisit past shows every Tuesday night via their "Dinner and a Movie: An Archival Video Series"
Live In Person!
There's an in-person concert calendar now. Hooray!