How to help the victims of the Maui wildfires
The blaze that devastated Hawaii is considered the deadliest US wildfire in over 100 years. The fires are contained, but residents are still dealing with the destruction.
Here is a list of organizations providing assistance.
- Hawaii Community Foundation - Supporting various charitable initiatives, including disaster response and recovery efforts, to address the immediate and long-term needs of affected communities.
- Aina Mo'ona - A community-based organization dedicated to promoting food security and sustainability in Maui, helping to provide nourishing meals during crises.
- Maui Rapid Response - Engaged in swift disaster response efforts, offering assistance and support to affected individuals and communities in Maui.
- Maui Mutual Aid - A grassroots movement that facilitates community support, resources, and aid distribution during challenging times in Maui.
- Maui United Way - Collaborating with various community organizations to provide assistance and resources to those in need during times of crisis, including disaster relief efforts.
- Maui Food Bank - Focusing on providing food assistance to those affected by disasters and emergencies in Maui, ensuring access to essential meals.
- Maui Humane Society - Providing shelter and care for animals affected by the situation, ensuring their safety and well-being during crises.