Live Music Online
Clockwise from top left: Phoebe Bridgers, Neil Finn, Björk, Brittany Howard, The Lone Bellow.
As live music makes a comeback, livestreams are dwindling. There are still some, however, and we'll keep an eye out for what we find! Look for fundraising links and merchandise sale pages to support the folks you love. [All times listed ET]
- 5/2 Bristol War Child Benefit for Ukraine livestream with Portishead, IDLES, Billy Nomates, more. 12pm EDT/5pm BST ($)
Livestream Series: Artists
- The Tweedy Show: Semi-nightly variety show with Jeff Tweedy and his sons Spencer and Sammy, run by Jeff's wife Susie. Chat, songs and genuine moments. 10:30pm on Instagram
- Grouplove, monthly series, every second Thursday. 9pm ($ subscription)
- Belle and Sebastian's Stuart Murdoch: meditation series via Facebook, Thursdays at 9:30am.
- Low Cut Connie - online shows for Patreon supporters
- Rufus Wainwright - Instagram series of live songs in his bathrobe
- Neil Finn live audio streams on Mixlr, when he can
- Brian Fallon's 'Sittin' Round at Home' series on Instagram, interviewing other songwriters
- Lukas Nelson brings the jams to Instagram live
- The Kennedys take real-time requests and do theme shows from home, Sundays at 2pm
- David Wax Museum has an Instagram Live chat/session at 1pm with guest musicians
Livestream Series: Music and More
- NJPAC in Your Living Room - presenting online live music and dance performances, weekly DJ dance parties, arts workshops and NJPAC Backstage celebrity interviews, plus events for kids and videos from their archives
- Guitar Mash Virtual Campfires: artist alumni play on Instagram and invite you to sing and play along; warm-up video tutorials and charts are posted here; see below for guest schedule
- Girls with Guitars - Mondays at 8pm ET on Instagram, curated by H.E.R.
- The Rock and Roll Playhouse presents 60-minute family concerts for children to explore live music, movement, and collaborative creativity. The formerly live series (from Brooklyn Bowl, The Capitol Theatre & Garcia's nearby) does livestream shows on Facebook
Live Music Archives
- Of course the FUV Live Vault is always here for you, with thousands of performances from our own Studio A
- NPR Music's Tiny Desk Home Concerts: Shows from home, including Jon Batiste, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Margo Price, "Tank" Ball, Soccer Mommy, plus Michael McDonald doing Doobie Brothers classics
- Newport Folk Festival has archived sets of many artists on NPR Music
- Radiohead’s YouTube channel has released live shows from the Radiohead Public Library weekly
- The National video series ‘An Exciting Communal Event’ - streaming from the band's vault including classic live sets and rare footage
- Neil Young's Fireside Sessions are just part of his giant archive
- Dave Matthews Band's DMB Drive-In series of shows from the band's archives
- The Grateful Dead: “Shakedown Stream” of classic live performances on their YouTube channel; each one kicks off with a live pre-show with members of the Dead community
- Tedeschi Trucks Band puts out full shows on Facebook, YouTube and nugs.net via Swamp Family TV
- Phish revisit past shows via their "Dinner and a Movie: An Archival Video Series"
Live In Person
There's an in-person Concert Calendar now. Hooray!