Morning Brief: November 13
NASA may have had a lot of it's funding cut in recent years, but that doesn't mean that research into space has stopped. The European Space Agency Rosetta Mission has just landed a spacecraft on a comet. This is the first time in history it's been done. It'll allow scientists to study comets like never before and gain insight about how they might have helped to shape Earth.
NEED TO KNOW
Russia is Sending Troops Back into Ukraine [New York Times]
Both Houses of Congress to Vote on Keystone XL Pipeline [Washington Post]
New York to Help Other Cities with Rape Kit Backlogs [New York Times]
Astoria Cove Deal Could Mean Bad News for Affordable Housing [NY Daily News]
The City Has Reached its Enrollment Goal for Pre-K [CBS Local]
The Rangers host the Avalanche at 7.
It's going to be partly cloudy today will highs around 50. Tonight there'll be a mix of rain and snow, with lows around 37. [Full Forecast]
ON STAGE TONIGHT
• Buddy Guy (with Quinn Sullivan) @ the B.B. King Blues Club and Grill
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. (with Mini Mansions) @ the Music Hall of Williamsburg
• “Let’s Go Crazy A Party To Benefit Brooklyn Prospect Charter School” featuring Joan Osborne,
Dan Zanes, Martha Redbone, Jen Chapin, Kaki King and many more @ Le bPoisson Rouge
• Acoustic Alchemy @ Iridium
• Styx @ the Mayo Performing Arts Center
• Steve Hackett “Genesis Extended” @ the Ridgefield Playhouse
• The Outlaws (with Kelly Ravin) @ the Tarrytown Music Hall
• Ace Frehley (with Mo Lowda And The Humble) @ the State Theatre
• The Association with Anthony D’Amato @ City Winery
• Crystal Bowersox (with Caroline Glaser) @ Fairfield Theatre Company’s StageOne
• WFUV PRESENTS: Ray LaMontagne with The Belle Brigade @ the Beacon Theatre
• WFUV PRESENTS: “Downtown Comes Uptown” featuring Glenn David Andrews, Aoife
O’Donovan, Elle King and The Spring Standards @ the David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1982, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was dedicated.
WFUV's Morning Brief is published each weekday morning at 5 a.m. Do you have an event or news item that should be included? Email JColtin@wfuvnews.org or leave a comment below.