Morning Brief: November 10
Need a pick-me-up after a long Monday? You can come check out Monday Night Magic down by Washington Square Park at 8. The show's the longest off Broadway production, starting in 1997. And every Monday, new magicians are brought to perform.
NEED TO KNOW
Obama Pushes for Trade Pact in Beijing [Washington Post]
New Healthcare.gov Goes Live [USA Today]
In NYC, Marijuana Could Soon Just Mean a Ticket [New York Times]
Billion Dollar Fulton Center Transit Hub Opens [DNAInfo]
NYC Looks to Name Unidentified Bodies [New York Times]
The Jets broke their losing streak yesterday, beating the Steelers 20-13.
The Giants fell to the Seahawks 38-17.
The Rangers were beat by the Oilers 3-1.
The Islanders won against the Coyotes 1-0 on Saturday. .
The Devils lost to the Red Wings Friday 2-4. They're in Boston tonight playing the Bruins.
It's going to be sunny today with highs hitting around 60. Clear tonight with lows getting down to around 48. [Full Forecast]
ON STAGE TONIGHT
• Ian Anderson @ the Wellmont Theater
• “Wall Street Rocks All Star Benefit Veterans Show” featuring Warren Haynes, Billy F. Gibbons
and John Popper @ Highline Ballroom
• Robyn Hitchcock @ City Winery
• Grant-Lee Phillips and Howe Gelb @ SubCulture
• Tame Impala (with Delicate Steve) @ the Beacon Theatre
• FKA Twigs (with Boots) @ Warsaw
• James Vincent McMorrow (with Moors) @ Town Hall
• The Nels Cline Singers @ Rough Trade NYC
• Coco Montoya @ Iridium
• Motopony @ Rockwood Music Hall
• Angela McCluskey And Paul Cantelon @ Rockwood Music Hall
• Jamestown Revival with Nikki Lane and Pete Molinari @ the Bowery Ballroom
• Hot Rize @ the Towne Crier Café
• WFUV PRESENTS: Stars (with Hey Rosetta!) @ the Music Hall of Williamsburg
• WFUV PRESENTS: “Antithesis” featuring Daniel Lanois, The Antlers, Tinariwen with Lonnie Holley
@ Brooklyn Masonic Temple
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1969, Sesame Street debuted.
WFUV's Morning Brief is published each weekday morning at 5 a.m. Do you have an event or news item that should be included? Email JColtin@wfuvnews.org or leave a comment below.