Morning Brief: June 16th
Photo Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons.
It snowed on Hawaii's Mauna Kea. The volcano is no stranger to snow and blizzard conditions given its altitude, but in summer months snow is rare. The peak of the volcano is 13,770 feet. [Full Story]
NEED TO KNOW
Egyptian Government: EgyptAir Wreckage Found [CNN]
2-Year Old Found Dead After Disney Gator Attack [CNN]
Macy's Workers Threaten to Strike [ABC]
New York State Senate Passes Gravity Knife Reform [Gothamist]
New York City to Provide Free Summer Meals to Kids [ABC]
The Yankees take on the Twins at 8:10 PM.
The Mets finish up their series against the Pittsburgh Pirates at 7:10 PM.
AM showers, 75/62. [Full Forecast]
ON STAGE TONIGHT
- WFUV Presents: Rufus Wainwright @ Carnegie Hall
- WFUV Presents: Mary Chapin Carpenter @ The Ridgefield Playhouse
- Matt Corby @ Terminal 5
- Corey Smith @ Brooklyn Bowl
- The Staves @ Bowery Ballroom
- Mumford and Sons @ Forest Hills Stadium
- Blonde Redhead @ Coffey Park
- Silversun Pickups @ ***Secret Location***
- Anthony D’Amato @ Mercury Lounge
- Aretha Franklin @ New Jersey Performing Arts Center
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
In 1976, a non-violent march by 15,000 students in Soweto, South Africa turns into days of rioting when police open fire on the crowd.
WFUV's Morning Brief is published each weekday morning at 5 a.m. Do you have an event or news item that should be included? Email Newsroom@WFUV.org or leave a comment below.