Morning Brief: April 20
Photo Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons
Scientists believe they've found a planet capable of sustaining life -- and they say it's the most promising one yet. [More]
NEED TO KNOW
US ships finally head to North Korea [Washington Post]
Federal judge criticized by Trump set to hear key deportation case [CNN]
Husband of New York judge found dead challenges reports of apparent suicide [Washington Post]
NYC moves to raise price of cigarettes [USA Today]
Apple's iconic glass cube at NYC flagship store is coming down [NY Post]
Scattered showers today, but otherwise it'll be cloudy with a high of 62. Tonight, more clouds with a low of 49.
The Mets host the Phillies tonight at 7:10 PM, while the Yankees have the night off. In hockey, the Rangers take on the Canadiens for Game 5 of their playoff series. Puck drops at 7.
ON STAGE TONIGHT
- Sam Outlaw @ Mercury Lounge
- The Greyboy Allstars @ Brooklyn Bowl
- Jonathan Edwards @ Fairfield Theatre Company
- Keller Williams @ The Capitol Theatre
- Hurray for the Rif Raf @ The Bowery Ballroom
- Surfer Blood @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
- Overcoats @ Rough Trade NYC
- Steve Winwood @ The Westbury Theatre
- PJ Harvey @ Brooklyn Steel
- WFUV Presents: Rufus Wrainwright @ Tarrytown Music Hall
TODAY IN HISTORY
The first New York state constitution is formally adopted by the Convention of Representatives of the State of New York, meeting in the upstate town of Kingston, on this day in 1777.