PSA requests must meet the following criteria:
- Events or information should have appeal and value to the WFUV audience and/or provide some service or benefit to the community, listeners and/or members.
- Events must be located in the geographic region served by WFUV.
- Events must be free to the public.
PSAs should be written in a neutral language, sharing information and details about the event or information. We cannot include calls to action. Instead of "Come on down," or "Check out," try "You are invited to" or other neutral wording.
PSA Scheduling Information:
- PSAs will be scheduled based on airtime availability and are selected at the discretion of WFUV.
Requests for PSAs should be submitted to WFUV 4 to 6 weeks before the event date.
Other helpful advice:
- Write only in complete sentences.
- Use active voice, "is presenting" rather than "presents."
- Time the copy by reading aloud, slowly, to 30 seconds maximum. Due to time limitations, copy that reads longer than 30 seconds may be shortened.
- Use a non-commercial tone in the copy. State only facts. PSAs can only contain value-neutral wording. Words like 'best,' 'entertaining' and 'interesting' are all statements of opinion and cannot be used.
- WFUV cannot promote fundraising events.
- Provide pronunciation (pro-NUN-see-A-shun) of difficult words or names.
- Avoid using e-mail addresses, street addresses and phone numbers.
- End your PSA with a web site address for more information.
Please send all info to firstname.lastname@example.org.