It's a conference (really! with panels and everything), it's a music scramble, it's a party. It's flying from New York to Texas counting the musicians on the plane (it only makes sense that we all sit behind Lou Reed at times like that).
It's asking the sound engineer which band is on stage in a park at 3pm and even he has totally lost track already. It's checking your pockets in the morning to pull out CDs from the bands you saw the day before. It's managing to shower without losing your hand stamp, and sleeping in multiple plastic wristbands, dreaming of snakes.
The FUV crew was happy to be part of the NPR Music team this year, broadcasting great shows from Stubb's, The Parish, and the Austin Music Hall. Details and concert streams of R.E.M., My Morning Jacket, Vampire Weekend, Billy Bragg, Liam Finn and more: npr.org/music
Blogging and vlogging and bears, oh my!
Of course we've got our own blog entries complete with at least a half dozen videos from SXSW:
- All SXSW blog entries
- SXSW Day One, morning Welcome video, Rita Houston
- R.E.M.S.X.S.W. "Second Guessing" video, Laura Fedele
- Whoa...this is Austin and this is SxSW pics, Julie Katz
- SXSW Day 3: NPR Music concerts, My Morning Jacket "Gideon" video, Rita Houston
- REM set List at Stubbs Rita Houston
- SXSW Day 4? 5? Who's Counting? Langhorne Slim video, Joseph Arthur "In the Sun" video, Laura Fedele
- I miss the Thompson Twins so much I could just cry Ting Tings videos, Laura Fedele
- An Idle Good Friday Afternoon Shout Out Louds video, Julie Katz
Some cameras don't move
Pics open a pop-up window. Mouse around to find the '<previous' or '>next' buttons, or use the 'p' or 'n' keys on your keyboard.