The Glastonbury Festival will be a mere sweet (and exhausting) memory by Monday, so on UKNY at 11 tonight, a few more of the artists and bands converging on Worthy Farm in Pilton, England this weekend, like M+A (winners of Glasto's Emerging Talent Competition), Lonely The Brave, Glass Animals (headed to New York on July 7) and The Rails (pictured). Also, other fine new releases from thoughtful singer-songwriter Emma Tricca, influential Glasgow rockers The Vaselines and much more.
Please join me on UKNY, Saturday nights at 11p.m. EST, following Vin Scelsa's "Idiot's Delight"® and Marshall Crenshaw's "The Bottomless Pit" on 90.7 WFUV, also streaming online.
Missed the show? You can find UKNY in the FUV archives up to two weeks after broadcast.
1. The Vaselines, "One Lost Year," V For Vaselines
2. Empty Pools, "Pacey Grey," Liberation Prayer EP
3. Slow Club, "Suffering You, Suffering Me," Complete Surrender
4. M+A, "When," These Days
5. Alt-J, "Hunger of the Pine," This Is All Yours
6. Glass Animals, "Pools," Zaba
7. Plank!, "Moth Lover," Hivemind
8. The Rails, "Breakneck Speed," Fair Warning
9. Beth Orton, "Central Reservation (Ben Watt's The Then Again Version)
10. Emma Tricca, "All The Pretty Flowers," Relic
11. Adult Jazz, "Am Gone," Gist Is
12. Commonwealth Cut (Canada): July Talk, "Summer Dress," Guns + Ammunition EP
13. Lonely The Brave, "Trick of the Light," The Day's War
14. The Wytches, "The Holy Tightrope," B-side to "Wire Frame Mattress"