Last week on UKNY, I previewed some of the hopeful British artists headed to Austin for SXSW (and the Public Radio Rocks showcase too). This week, more of the English, Welsh and Scottish bands that made their way through the exhausting, sweaty gauntlet of SXSW gigs and deserve Stateside attention pronto, like Wolf Alice, Woman's Hour (pictured), Glass Animals, Longfellow, Nick Mulvey and Until The Ribbon Breaks.
That's UKNY, Saturday nights at 11p.m. EST, following Vin Scelsa's "Idiot's Delight"® and Marshall Crenshaw's "The Bottomless Pit" on 90.7 WFUV, also streaming online.
Out too late and missed the show? You can find UKNY in the FUV archives up to two weeks after broadcast.
1. Jungle, "Busy Earnin'," single
2. Wolf Alice, "Nosedive," Blush EP
3. Pulp, "Sorted For E's and Wizz," Different Class
4. Cymbals, "Empty Space," The Age of Fracture
5. Casual Sex, "Stroh 80," single
6. Glass Animals, "Gooey," Gooey EP
7. Public Service Broadcasting, "Theme From PSB," Inform-Educate-Entertain
8. Nick Mulvey, "Cucurucu," First Mind
9. Woman's Hour, "Her Ghost," single
10. Longfellow, "Kiss-Hug-Makeup," single
11. Until The Ribbon Breaks, "Romeo," A Taste of Silver EP
12. Commonwealth Cut (Canada): Reuben and the Dark, "Bow and Arrow," Funeral Sky
13. Syd Arthur, "Garden of Time," Sound Mirror
14. Cousin Marnie, "Cain," single